In the construction world, underpinning is a process in which you strengthen and also stabilise a foundation of a building which could be potentially dangerous if no action was taken. What are the benefits of underpinning a building or structure the building really need the work doing to it? These maybe a few of the question you may ask yourself if a surveyor tells you that your building needs underpinning. A few of the reasons and benefits you should consider are as follows…
1) The existing foundations are not strong / stable enough – underpinning will correct these problems.
2) The use of the building has changed – Possibly you have changed the purpose of a building, maybe from a house to a shop – underpinning will allow the building to take more pressure.
3) The soil properties that the building lies upon have changes – there could have been some movement in the ground, perhaps through subsidence – underpinning will help strengthen the building in this case. the best shotcrete companies in colorado
4) New buildings or structures added to the surrounding area. If a new house is build next to an existing property, then underpinning maybe needed to strengthen the first property.
5) Land cost has increased. If the price of land increases by a great deal, it maybe cheaper to use underpinning with a view to improving the existing property (perhaps adding a new floor) rather than purchasing more land.